Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't burst my bubble!

Sept. 12, 2010

A hectic week at work was followed by Sunday breakfast at IHOP. yeah!  ThenTerry and I drove down to NJMP for a trackday again, this time with my new to me GSX-R 750 in tow.  We got down there Sunday evening and had din din with Dan the Cook and his girl.  Part of what makes trackdays so great is not only the riding, but the great people you meet and are surrounded by but also the family that is created.  After din din we headed to the hotel and I watched the season finale of True Blood.  What silliness!!!  I much prefer Being Human.

Monday, Sept. 13, 2010

We wake up early and head back to the track in the morning.  I pull up to my trailer which we had dropped off the night before and as I get out of my truck I see my trailer tire looks like it's about to explode!







Lucky for me my friend Jay came to hang out for a bit at the track, to check it out.  So he went to a near by trailer place and picked me up two new wheels.



So I didn't have to worry about the tire and was able to focus on my new toy.





So the bike is much more powerful than anything I'm used to, but I'm pretty smooth on the throttle so I'm not frightened by it at all.  The bike does however have some issues to be fixed and polished.  Fueling is one, suspension/handling and ergos as well.

Here are some videos taken from Terry's GoPro.

Me becoming acquainted with the GSXR






By the way... this was how Terry and I spent our 6th year anniversary of our first date! Which also took place on our motorcycles. ;) I love you sweebee.

I'm following Terry riding my bike in this one