Saturday, September 11, 2010

Senior once again!

September 11, 2010

So this past Wednesday I was informed that I am once again a Senior Keeper at the Bronx Zoo!  Originally I was promoted to Senior Keeper around 3 years ago, in 2007.  At that time I was given the charge of Babirusa Barn in the Wild Asia section of the Bronx Zoo.  In April of 2009,  I along with 2 other Senior Keepers lost our  titles due to the "economic crisis".    As of September 9, 2010 I am a Senior Keeper again, this time presented with the charge of Tiger Mountain and Bear Dens.  I am now responsible for Amur Tigers, Malayan Tigers, Snow Leopards, Amur Leopards, Grizzly and Brown Bears, Polar Bear, Red Pandas and two White Eared Pheasants.  A lot of very cool animals in my opinion.  Things are getting crazy but it should all be worth it!!